Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Newcomer

Some new people moved in to my apartment building today. Madge and Bernie were at work and I heard a "thump" on the front door. I immediately went to investigate and heard what sounded like a few out-of-shape guys trying to move a big couch down the hall. I think the "thump" was somebody's butt accidentally hitting our door. This went on for a few hours...people coming and going, strange voices calling to each other down the hallway on the other side of the door, the occasional scrape or thumping sound.

Later in the afternoon I smelled something familiar, I think it was a Boston Terrier. I sniffed the crack under the front door, and the other dog did the same thing. It was funny, our noses were only two inches from each other, but we couldn't see each other. I guess the dog was on a leash, and when the owner finally tugged on the leash the dog barked that her name is, "Sophie." The hall has been quiet ever since.

I wonder if I'll see Sophie sometime...

4 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

I hope you and sophie find love :-)

10:31 AM  
Blogger alvinaling said...

Oooh, maybe you can introduce Sophie to your petting zoo friends. I hope she's cool!

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sophie sounds wonderful!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Cyrus The Great said...

Wow Chowder! you are a pretty cool dude! We are both Bulldogs and are BOTH the Boss of our household! thats pretty cool! Your website and your book looks really cool too!
(my mom got the email) ;)
Im going to add you as one of my friends too! If ya want to have another bully boss hangin around, you can add me too!
bark at ya later!

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home